For answers to the following questions please visit the Tax Collection and Business Licensing Division's website:
- When are property taxes due?
- How much are my property taxes?
- How can I obtain a copy of my property tax bill?
- How can I pay my property taxes?
- Can I make a partial payment?
- What are special assessments?
- How do I make an address change?
- Where do my property taxes go?
- Can I get a list of tax-defaulted land sales?
- What is the value of my property?
- How do I dispute assessed values?
I have lost my check issued by the County of Sacramento. What do I do?
You may call the Auditor-Controller Division at (916) 874-7856 to file an affidavit of lost warrant and to request a replacement.
I received a check from the county. Why did I get this check?
To get information on why you received a check from the County of Sacramento, please call the Auditor-Controller Division at (916) 874-7856.
I haven't received my federal or state income tax refund. What do I do?
The County of Sacramento does not administer income tax refunds. You will need to call either the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 for your federal refund or the State of California Franchise Tax Board at 1-800-852-5711 for your state refund.
I am searching for some unclaimed funds that may be mine. What do I do?
The County of Sacramento retains unclaimed funds that originated in the County of Sacramento for one year. After one year, the County turns all unclaimed funds over to the State of California. If the funds are less than one year old and originated in the County of Sacramento, you may call the Treasurer's office at (916) 874-8258. Otherwise, contact the State of California at (916) 445-8318 or visit the Bureau of Unclaimed Property page on the State Controller's Website.